Senior Member Follow User Gallery

How are the blocked for you? Norton or some sort of virus protection? I'd call that irony and a beautiful analogy to exaggerated security concerns, but I shall send it over to your email, no problem!

Check your email!

Version 0.12 is out!

Changes:
    - Reflection image diffusion has a new mode "R", which corrects the distortion of the image for a proper gradual adjustment of the diffusion from reflection to global illumination. It's not perfect, but a very useful approximation.

- process runtime optimized. It's now better integrated into the windows tasks.
    Last edited by Taron; 08-15-10 at 10:37 AM.

Unfortunately, it's not something as easy as a crappy program blocking my access. It's the way my network is managed. I can only use the internet at work, and a lot of stuff is blocked. I wouldn't be surprised if they blocked this site in a couple days.

Thanks for your efforts Taron ...
    really appreciated

My pleasure, CaptainNemo!

FatherChristmas, I guess then we'll have to talk really, really nice and praise your leaders a little! ...
    ...anyway, you've got it in your inbox now!

Member Follow User Gallery

Am I the only one who like to make abstract art using this tool? Lots of fun, thank you for allowing weird value ranges

This is an alien solar system, to the best of my knowledge. Direct output from MaCrea, apart from cropping.

solar.jpg

Default Not Working

Rawr, this isn't working for me. I go into the file, I click on the little icon and an error message appeares... it says "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION". HELP! :C
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	210047  

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default mat tool

it's great. i did get a warning from norton though. thanx for the new app.

my site:http://artcomp1.tripod.com

Ooooh that's pretty, DrPetter! Looks very elegant, actually.
    Of course you know how to make a developer happy, haha, just listen inside yourself, but you've really left for me a piece of happiness right there!

Drakue, hmmm, I can't think of any reason for this. Tell me your system setup (GFXboard and OS) and I might get an idea, but it's the first report of its kind to me, I think.

cmcc, I have no idea what the virus mafia wants and I've got no intention to bow down to it. I believe for now you've got to define it as harmless yourself. If someone knows or wants to tell me what I could possibly do to convince Norton or McMonkey or whoever that this app is nothing to worry about, I'd try my best to put it in. ...other than that: YOU'RE WELCOME!

Any chance you could send out that email Taron?

Quote Originally Posted by Taron
    If someone knows or wants to tell me what I could possibly do to convince Norton or McMonkey or whoever that this app is nothing to worry about, I'd try my best to put it in. ...other than that: YOU'RE WELCOME!
    I have connections... Just send me 100 000 $ via PayPal and I'll sort it out for you... he he he.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherChristmas
    Any chance you could send out that email Taron?
    I did! Was your email address incorrect? Send me an email then and I will reply!

Version 0.14 is up!

Changes...

- added highlight threshold for reflection image diffusion as well as improved correction "R" based on level of diffusion.
    - once a refleciton image is chose- preferably a spherical refleciton, of course- hit "A" to run automatic light distribution, which creates ambient lighting based on the reflection image. No highlight selection allows you to still place key lighting yourself.

Member Follow User Gallery

VERY interesting tool!

i think its great that people like you take their time to program something like this and share it with the comunity. THANK YOU!

i would have one little request after testing it oput for only very little time..

would it be very difficult to make it go fullscreen? my desktoip is set up to run at 1920*1200.. and it leaves so much space around the window.. its just a shame :-)

i imagine that maybe it is hard to do since i know a couple of programs where that would be really cool but isnt available..

keep up the great work and thanks again for sharing. 5 stars from me!
    would you please subdivide me?

I hope Pixologic will integrate MaCrea with Sculptris in the near future.... This is kick ass!
    Thanks Taron for the updates...

AH, thank you guys! I've just reuploaded it <caugh>, as I forgot to add the "automatic ambient" button that only appears, if you have a reflection image loaded. If you have it already, you're fine, if not...download again!

Here's a little demo video...
    http://www.vimeo.com/14189456

Ah, fullscreen, yeah, I thought about it, but purposely kept it little for my own peace of mind, haha. Maybe eventually I make a crazy fullscreen version. I have plans for a massive interface change, but I'm also kicking the idea around in my head to eventually make a commercial version of it, even if only for a few bucks, but it would be interesting to me, if people were truely interested in supporting my efforts and felt that it was worth it. I'd love to focus on such things...well...the usual story.

Anyway, for now I hope you can live with the tight window and still have some fun with it. THANKS for the request, though! Makes me happy, too!
    Last edited by Taron; 08-16-10 at 12:55 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast