Senior Member Follow User Gallery

the second head is really good and keep practicing figures, man. You've got all the proportions down solid, at least form the front. Would like to see some 3/4 and profile shots.

No you wouldn't! Trust me. My swimmer for example: young and athletic. At 3/4 view he's really let himself go, and from the back you'd swear the elephant man is hitching a ride. I intend to continue on with the figure until I've got it as near perfect as I can manage.
    The second head (above) was going to be called La Folie De L'Absinthe. I'm quite prone to pretension, by the way.The guy was gonna be sweating profusely, monocle falling from his eye, the Eiffel Tower bursting from his skull. The trouble with Sculptris (some trouble!) is that it's so much fun to use that I always want to do something else.
    Anyway, thanks for the comment FiL.

Member Follow User Gallery

haha, you should have used some flatten brush on that robot.

and about showing the figure in 3/4. thats EXATCLY what u should do, posting here is not about showing awesome sculpts, its about learning, so you need to start showing ur crappy stuff to =P

You did a really great work on the second head, I agree with F i L it's solid looking proportions there

I like your swimmer too and couldn't stop laughing with the comments you wrote about him

About the robot, did you draw some sort of sketch before? Or just go straight in Sculptris with it?

Why don't you listen to this little voice telling you that you should finish your sculpt

Show my crappy stuff? Why? So that people like you can laugh at my fat robots?! Old Fatty The Robot wouldn't even be capable of walking. Look at the thunder thighs on him, they are practically fused together.......I mean ! So he looks like a string of silver sausages. Who are you, The Rock? Oh, and thanks for telling me what the Sculptris forum is for! Why, we've all just been waiting around for you to arrive and define it for us.

I was kidding about the 3/4 view. He's just too roughly sketched in at a the moment to bother showing. Watch this space.

Anyway, this is ALL crappy stuff. I've not posted anything that's complete, it's all just ideas. I post 'em whether they are good or bad, when I'm bored with them and want to move on to something else.
    Last edited by dreamz; 08-26-10 at 02:52 AM.

Thanks Mr.T. I never work from any sketch and, apart from the swimmer, I don't use reference images. As I said about the robot for example, he wouldn't even be capable of walking! I was aware of that even before i rendered it, but don't care. His only function was to see how a metallic and a red glass material would look together.
    I just start with the default sphere and see what happens. I'm not using Sculptris for anything serious yet. It's all still novel to me so I'm still just playing around with it. I'm working on a butterfly-eating witch at the moment, it's the first sculpt I'm starting to do properly.

I really like the last 2 sculpts Dreamz Especially the rather maniacal looking fellow with the stache. Hmmmm He looks vaguely english... Self Portrait! It has to be. Are you kin to Snidely Whiplash Looks good man.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Interesting assumptions there about my nationality and ethnicity, based solely on my geographical location. Any more stereotypes you'd like to pull out? Hahaha. And who's Snideley Whiplash? No he's not based in me in any way. As a matter of fact, I thought he looked French, hence the title.

Member Follow User Gallery

chill mate...

Huh?

You plenty chilled yet bud? lol anyways more great stuff from the talented Dreamz, oh by the way i see a resemblance to an old English actor
    Google Windsor Davis an you'll see what i mean he used to do the old carry on movies but that was probably wayyy before your time!

Totally chilled. Always am ( he lied). Way before my time?! I WISH! Alas, I know who Windsor Davis is and I see what you mean, Mr la-di da gunner sculptrisnewb, you lovely boy!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456