Senior Member Follow User Gallery

That's fantastic, Guisquil! Thank you so much

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi,

Thanks for the plugin, very cool... We found that in our experience the plugin only works for the sphere, all the other primitives still have UV maps that overlap, this is what we are doing now:

We fix the UVs with GoZ in Maya, Edit UVs / Layout (little box) the default setting work for a single prim if you want to fix more than one at the same time select Per object (overlapping)

Hi, I thought I would pipe up here, I've completed several projects in Z4 using this plugin now and have had no issues with any of the Ztools I've used - Cube, Cylinder, Sphere, Sweep Profile, Ring and Spiral, so far no problems with overlapping UV's using the zsculpty plugin.

Sorry its not working out for you as you had hoped. I'm not having any problems with the new plug-in...just rechecked the primitives and I can convert them all fine, however I'm aware this doesn't work with the zsculpty plug in. I use the Sculptymaker plug-in which is a separate little program outside of Zbrush, made by the same author of zsculpty (known as "very grumpy little man that doesn’t like too many visitors and prefers to spend his time chasing forest critters off his lawn.") Both are available on the Shiny Life website, where you will find alot of good information about this whole debacle ( ) .

And I might mention Sculptymaker doesn't support oblong maps like zbrush does, but there's a work around for those who don't have access to Maya and Modo which you can find on the Shiny Life site. So you can use the ZSculpty plugin for these converted meshes and get oblong maps.

Default not working

when i try 2 open the zip it says it dose not appear 2 be a valid archive..please help

Default help

''the achive is either in a uknown format or damaged''

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by soulo
    ''the achive is either in a uknown format or damaged''
    Try downloading again. I just tested and everything was fine.

Not sure if it has to do with the way the plugin makes hte polymesh but zsculpty has been rezzing min size sculpts that arent scaled when using sculpty-rezzer in secondlife.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions? I should also mention im using the same zsculpty i did for zbrush3 so Im not sure if there is a zbrsuh4 version I didnt get.

^^ try scaling your mesh in Zbrush, it's either too large for the sculpty rezzer or too small - I had that same issue when I was making objects that would hit the 10 m prim size limit so sculpty rezzer would just make them all .01x.01x.01 instead. Caused lots of headaches until I realised what was going on and scaled my mesh down (use the size deformation tool) I eventually setup a set of decently scaled subtools to work from rather than create from scratch every time and have this happen.

Doesn't work with PolySphere.

The error message says "Please select a ZBrush Primitive and try again".

PolySphere looks primitive to me, ...but what do I know.

PolySphere demonstrates the same UV problem when creating a new texture with "New From Polypaint.

As mentioned previously, using UVMaster will make it all go away, but, if you then apply Spherical mapping (UV Map > Uvs), the problem will return.

If the problem reappears with internal UV mapping, is it the primitives, or something else?

Moderator Follow User Gallery

The PolySphere isn't a primitive. You need to start with the Sphere3D.

[Edit: the primitives are those shapes which have an 'Initialize' menu in the Tool palette. They are created using a math formula and have to be converted to a polymesh before sculpting.]

Alright, so I made a technical boo boo.
    But that doesn't really address my post.

The same problem exists in non-primitives, and therefore it is not fixed with your generous plugin.
    (And I am referring only to Z4, as all the UV mapping worked fine in Z3.5.)

It would be nice if I could just make use of the default uv mapping (Cross) that comes with the PolySphere. Without enduring the inconsistencies of GoZ to clean this up in an external app.
    UV Master is cool (and it fixes the problem), but I cant find a way to force it to conform to the default mapping on a Polysphere. If you select the "Use Existing Seams" button in UVMaster, you get a "Ballooned" Cross.... close, but no cigar.

Perhaps there is another existing thread that discusses this issue on non-primitives that you could point me too. (This forum is getting big, and searching can take as much time a rebuilding the object instead)

I'm curious why a ballooned cross doesn't work for your purpose. I understand the need to have the primitives fill the UV grid fully for a specific game requirement (sculpties in Second Life), but I'm unclear why the UV master version isn't acceptable for your purposes. It even occurs to me that the balloon shape might result in less texture stretching, although I don't have the experience to make that determination.

This is a client thing. They want a Si-Fi Planet with cross mapping and topology that matches. They seem to have a technical need for this type of mapping over others. I emailed them and they cannot accept a ballooned cross.
    (A ballooned cross only uses slightly more pixels, and I cant think of any advantage it may offer)

I often prefer Cross over Spherical, as it eliminates poll pinching...but each has its own pros and cons.

Seemed like a no brainer for me to start with a polysphere, ..... and it would have been with Z3.5.

The problem with the UV's are the same with the primitives..they exist slightly out of the bounds of the uv 1/1 space (I know there is a technical name for this, but I forget what it is). I took the sphere into MODO and shrunk it (the UV's) down to 99.5 percent (need this only in the U direction but for consistancy I did it in both directions. Also I positioned it more squarely in the center to make it look neater .

Its an easy fix, although an annoying extra step where it used to just work in previous editions of zbrush. I've uploaded the fixed ztl..hope its helpful.

Edit: by "shrunk it" I mean the uv's not the sphere itself.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast