ZBrushCentral

ZScript File Exists? and LightBox False Icons

During a session in ZBrush, it seems that the [FileExists, Filename] command will continue to report that a file exists, even after the file has been deleted (in Explorer). Can anyone confirm?

If so, has anyone found a workaround to make sure a recently deleted file is not reported as existing?

Also related:
During a session in ZBrush, LightBox doesn’t seem to update the icon of a Project file or a Tool file after the original has been overwritten with a different project or tool using the same name.

Perhaps a “force-LightBox-refresh-on-open” preference option button could help avoid the possibility of a Project being unintentionally deleted/loaded because the icon lied.

Sven

Hi Sven,

If I test [FileExists] through a zscript it works as expected. I tested in a variety of ways and every time was OK. I’ve not tested as a plugin however.

I can confirm that Lightbox doesn’t refresh its thumbnails. Even if a file is deleted (when it doesn’t show in Lightbox, thankfully) if the project is then saved with the original name in will show the old thumbnail. Thanks, I’ll pass on this information to the developers.

Thanks Marcus.

I’ll try to post a script example of my problem with FileExists (though perhaps all that was needed was a reboot - as sometimes happens during scripting… :wink: )

Sven

My new book, The Joy of ZScript, will contain a whole section on false starts and restarts. :wink:

Ha. :lol:

edit: found the FileExists problem, kinda. Anyway, it works now. :rolleyes: