Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Thanks Mac, Thanks Just. I will check them out. I have been getting accustomed to rigging base figures in Poser Pro 2012 to get used to the process, but even with true weight mapping you still need decent clean topology to get the best results. I hate admitting this but I bought 3d coat a year ago specifically to retop with and have barely used it. Real life gets in the way sometimes lol
    Yes, I was also enchanted with 3DC's Autopo initially and then why not if it's a still image. I don't think there's a way around it at the current moment and letting a computer do the work for you if you'd like proper, animate-able low-polygon mesh so Topogun is my choice, placing polygons on top of your model one by one more or less. In the past I've used a mix if the characters weren't that important (parts that are confusing to 3DC I'd do by hand in Topogun) parts that are straightforward more or less (like human ears, which lack articulation anyway) I'd let Coat decide what to do whilst saving retopology states and tinkering with COAT's Autopo options.

I think in the new Coat you can paint polygons on top of your high-poly mesh Topogun style.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

If you can do that in the new coat I may need to upgrade lol
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hey Tartan

Just gotta say I'm thankful for you telling us new comers about sculpting with proper proportions and such.

I was wondering, how exactly do we go about adjusting the background you put up when my screens resolution is at 1600x900 (17.3" Asus Laptop)
    I tried zooming out a tad bit but it does not seem to match up well with the numbers in your tutorial

Hey Fuen,
    I wont have time to sit with it today but tomorrow yes. Really it is just a tool to use until you adjust . It can be thrown out the door later because you will have a much easier time of "seeing" the proportions in your mind. Once that is established it is time to start playing with proportion. Dont get discouraged. Art is such a great release
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

It is, it's very fun, i was just very interested at how consistently exact your models were in terms of anatomy.

Default re

You could use the Foreground Reference Utilty . This neat little app was posted here a long time ago and has become very useful to me.

I had forgotten about that little app Just. Yes its a good one. Fuen there isn't really a consistently exact using any method. There is close and a lot depends on not moving the sphere except for rotation. 1600 x 900 should work fine with that background.
    Last edited by Tartan; 11-30-12 at 04:04 AM.

I'll just have to give that a try then ^^ thank you very much guys

Hard to believe it's been a year since I posted anything. I was inspired to do some sculpting which will eventually wind up in Poser pro 2014 for rigging and then into Vue Infinite for rendering. I dug out holes for the mouth and tongue and will do the eyes, teeth etc. in Zbrush.
    Very much a work in wip but I plan on using him in a graphic novel. He will be a secondary character but sometimes they can be the most fun. This project may take a long time because of other priorities so I am shooting for the end of summer lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456