ZBrushCentral

..The Ubri..

ZBT.jpg

Attachments

gee1.jpg

love the character and modeling Cal! Looks great. Sorry no answer to yer question though.

ron

i think a few of the passes you need to change in photoshop before you can combine them. in ps go on top to image- mode and make them gray scale then change to rgb. i think they should be changed to 8 bit as well not sure.
cool render.

This is because each image has a different bit depth. If you mouse over each image map in the ZB render dialogue box you will notice that under each image it will give you some info…Width, Height, and Depth(bit depth).

Bit Depth of the image relates to how many bits the image has, and this corresponds directly with how many channels(and quality of each channel) an image has.

BPR_Render: Full color image with diffuse colors: it’s 32 bit (8 bits per channel: Red, Green, Blue, Alpha)

BPR_Depth(not to be confused with the BIT depth): 16 bit (one channel) Greyscale depth image: double the normal channel bit depth in order to achieve a wider and subtler range of black and whites. This gives you more information to work with because it is dealing with very subtle gradient shifts represented by the Z axis depth of the image.

BPR_Shadows, BPR_AO, BPR_Mask: 8 bit Greyscale image (one channel).

So when you try to drag the other layers into your master (Lets say BPR_MASK into BPR_RENDER) you will naturally get an error message because it is trying to move an 8 bit file into a 32 bit file (all channels are selected by default)

Instead you can just copy the image and paste it, this works just fine. Alternately you will have to go into the Channels box in your image, select just one channel, usually ALPHA, and drag into there(only do this for the mask and depth images). AO and Shadow, Just copy paste. For the 16 bit Depth image you can also just copy and paste it as well or say yes when it asks you to convert image after dragging from another file.

So I guess the short version is…Just Copy and paste instead of Dragging from file to file. :slight_smile:

It’s good to see you posting again buddy. :smiley: The new work looks really kool.
Nice.

Not to call out a negative or anything, but I think the water marks on top of your image are distracting. No one is going to steal it. Just put your name on the bottom.

Great work Calum! :cool:

Ron!Long time buddy,hope your doing well!Glad to be riding the zbrush wave thanks to you !Always will remember how you told me to download zb2 on trial all those years ago!Thanks for looking in!!:smiley:

DivideandRender:Thanks alot,I cant wait to get a decent looking render combined .Appreciate your help :smiley:

krawlin:Wow thanks very much for the full breakdown of this.Its good to be able to understand what’s going on along with the resolution.Cant say thanks enough for the help as often in the past I’ve asked for help and not received any.Was putting me off bothering not too long back.Im looking forward to getting some maps combined and hopefully I’ll find it a worthy procedure!
Thanks again!!

alphagsv:Hi Glen,good to hear from you mate.Hope your doing well,I’ll pass by later and catch up on your thread to see what’s been going on. Cheers!:smiley:

ioster:Thanks but actually Im sick to death of my images being ripped off.I have found and been directed to many sites over the years showing my images under theft and being sold/used in one way or another.My signature painted over…I’d rather just ruin that for these types so sorry if the water marking is bothersome.Just makes me feel better knowing its more of a pain in the a$$ to claim my work as there own.

piz:Hey buddy,thanks mate!I’ve gotta see what you’v been doing.I’ll catch you soon.!:slight_smile:

Superb design, wonderful lighting, excellent skin tones and paint job. It sickens me how much talent you have lol. Top work matey! :smiley: :+1:

zbt.jpg

Attachments

ele_tex.jpg

Love it ! :+1:
I think the ears need something extra, don’t know … but good work.

Great!
try sss rendering!

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=92983

RE: depth map usage. (in PS)

Open the depth map image in PS. Copy it and paste it into one of your main image’s alpha channel_name it DEPTH or something like that. Now you can apply this DoF to any image layer as an effect with the following steps.

Filter Menu - Blur - Lens Blur…now under Depth Map - Source drop down menu you would select your named channel…in this case “DEPTH”.

Now you can click the image to the left on any spot on your model and it will adjust the focus to that point. Fiddle with settings to your liking and viola.

Usually you will want to save this until your last step, but it can also serve as an interesting effect if you use it it other creative ways.

Love this, especially the eyes!

:+1:

MINTY:Thanks buddy!

asecbrush:Thanks ,I agree seems to bare,I’ll think of something!

anigroove:Thanks also,Im using the zbrush sss at the moment so better results ahead I hope!

krawlin:Thankyou very much,you made it sound really simple and Im going to try it out with my next upload.Really appreciate your help,thanks alot.

EricShawn:Thankyou !