ZBrushCentral

ZB sketchbook - AJ Jefferies

Hello!

I've been using Zbrush for a few years now but haven't posted any work here at zbc, so I thought I'd make a thread for my personal & professional work, along with any stupid doodles that fall out of my brain. First up here's a WIP of the Ghost Pirate LeChuck I've been working on & off on. <!--[attach=215719]LeChuck_WIP20.jpg[/attach]--> Still needs plenty of work but any comments or crits most welcome!

LeChuck_WIP20_zbt.jpgLeChuck_WIP20.jpg

Attachments

LeChuck_WIP20.jpg

This is great! I just love all things Monkey Island! Great work! I love the Guybrush voodoo doll!! keep it up!

Very cool!
I like the design of this version of LeeChuck a lot more than the one used on the 3D version of the game.
The only thing I did not expect is the pose a little too “weak zombie” … I guess LeeChuck more robust.
Other than that Style and Technique are great :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks guys!

Slight delay in posting any updates - but here’s something I’ve been pottering on for a while.

Started off as a challenge entry over at cgfeedback, been playing around with her on & off the last couple of months.

Sculpted from a couple of ZSpheres & then retopologised in 3ds Max. Rendered in v-ray & lots of faffing about in photoshop.

Will post some Zbrush screens later.Female_1000_01.jpgZBC1.jpg

that skin is like milk…!!

Cute

Nice! Beautiful colors :+1:

nice flavor man =D

Thanks for the kind words! Here are some grabs from inside Zbrush

The retopology really isn’t the greatest, especially around her lips but I wont be animating her so I can at least pretend it’s ok :smiley:

Thanks again!Female_ZB_002.jpgFemale_ZB_003.jpgFemale_ZB_004.jpgFemale_ZB_001.jpg

that is a clean model my friend!

Just 3 years later, I thought I should update this thread!

Here’s a model I’ve been working on and off for a while. It’s a collaboration with an insanely talented 2d artist called James Harvey (www.stopjamesharvey.com) to take one of his characters into 3d. As she’s progressed she’s moved away from the original design to some extent but I’m still fairly happy with how she turned out.

Miu_1000_Crop.jpg

Miuna_ZB_Grab_Solo.jpg

Miuna_ZB_Grab_1000.jpg

Everything was created from scratch in ZBrush with the exception of her coat, which I made in Marvellous Designer (then retopologised, UV’d and detailed/tweaked in ZBrush) and her gun which I modelled in 3ds Max.

Final render was done in 3ds Max using V-Ray with some post processing in Photoshop.

Woow great work man, love the style. Awesome ! :+1:

Really great stuff.

yeah!!!

lovely work.keep it up.:wink:

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Here’s a new character I’ve been working on called ‘Astronut’. He’s a space travelling peanut. Most of this image was created in 3ds Max, but I did some concepts and made the moon in ZBrush.

Astronut_Crop_1500a.jpg

Astronut_Grey_Crop_1500.jpg

Astronut_Solo_825.jpg

ZB_MoonSteps.jpg

Cheers!

Attachments

Astronut_Crop_1500a.jpg

Astronut_Grey_Crop_1500.jpg

ZB_MoonSteps.jpg

Love it! :slight_smile:

outstanding!!! wonderful and lovely work man :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Simply brilliant !!!

Thanks for the kinds words! :smiley:

Something new to post. Based upon a concept by the incredible Nurzhan Bekkaliev. If you don’t know his work, you should check him out immediately http://www.artstation.com/artist/nbekkaliev

GIRL_7_3_1000.jpg

GIRL_7_3_GREY.jpg

Original concept:

Concept_800.jpg

The majority of her body was modelled in 3ds Max, which I then took in ZBrush to pose as well as create her head and hair thanks to the godsend that is Dynamesh :slight_smile:

Rendered in V-ray.