ZBrushCentral

surface noise -- problem (answered)

guys ,did u try the new surface noise option in zb4 …? i cant get a
nice benefit from it at all…only with skin pores works cool but when i
change the noise scale and apply to my mesh not working well

[attach=215868]44.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

44.jpg

well thats not really a zbrush problem, increasing the scale means the geometry gets pushed further. you’ve got it set to the furthest so that outcome is expected. just have to find a balance to what you want.

put the strength of that surface from 0.2662 to 0.0500
that should work

You have to remember that surface noise is a bump effect and doesn’t alter the geometry of the model. If you apply it to the mesh then the geometry is displaced - the greater the scale or strength the greater the displacement will be.

it would be really really cool if it was a wysiwyg tool. instead of this monkey business.
If you want to modify how it would effect something after, you creating a setting to be used after(not before).
Its a great tool, just a bad implementation.

I noticed I still get the tiling line, on objects with certain scales.
Are there plans to fix this too?
I hope these little unintuitive things are fixed before we get more FLOP features that are also filled with bugs.

Yes I am being neg. Zbrush is a great tool, but the more you depend on it, the more bugs quarks, oddities you have to remember. It is rather annoying.

Go to deformation pallet and change the size of your object. When the surface noise is not looking right no matter what you do to the intensity slider. It’s probably because the model/tool is too small. So big it up