Default GMNT - Granpa Mutant Ninja Turtle

This doesn't need much of an explanation. It's a TMNT, but about 70 years old. I haven't finished him, but you get the idea
    The pictures are in order and show the progression. I think I'm at a stopping point for the night though.
    Tell me what you think.

Sculptris 2010-09-24 22-09-53-44.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris 2010-09-24 20-45-38-59.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	218012   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris 2010-09-24 20-45-43-08.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	218013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris 2010-09-24 21-20-33-07.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	218014   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris 2010-09-24 22-10-00-17.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	218016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris 2010-09-24 22-10-04-30.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	218017  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris 2010-09-24 22-10-08-80.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	218018  
    Last edited by FatherChristmas; 09-24-10 at 10:37 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

oh this nija looks sooooooooooooo cute

Thats a great start FC. But Which one? You should do all 4 of them
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Depending on how this one goes, I do want to do all 4.
    Seeing as when I started I wasn't trying to make a NT, I don't know which one this is yet.

Started working on his belt, and I have to say, it's not easy. If you think about the process of making it, it seems like it would be easier but it's such a pain.
    I have a lot of plans for this model, but I don't want to spoil the surprise
    I'm having so much fun working on this model though. It's nice to be able to look at one of your models and just smile because you love what you're making.

Sculptris 2010-09-25 11-19-44-02.jpg

Ok, I was lying. Making a walker is one of the most difficult things I've ever tried to do on a computer. Wow. Here's a horrible early attempt at a walker.
    If anyone has any suggestions as to a better way to do this, I would appreciate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris 2010-09-25 13-53-49-34.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	218137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris 2010-09-25 13-53-47-07.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	218138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris 2010-09-25 13-53-45-64.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	218139  

Hey FC,

Maybe model it in Blender and then bring it into Sculptris? On your belt its very close it just needs tightening. I found this from Dr Petter in Rosehorse's thread that helped me out on a project I am working on. I just wasnt getting the lines I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPetter
    Really nice and crisp horse there. One thing you can do to keep creases very tight is to go into options and disable "beautify", then sculpt with zero detail. You would need to switch between dynamic detail on/off (press Q) to alternatingly add new creases and make them tighter. You could also sculpt the basic shapes as usual and then go in with zero-detail pinching to sharpen edges as needed. You might want to keep an eye on the wireframe from time to time while doing this so you don't stretch your triangles too much.
    Anyway, BEWARE BAD GUYS! a tmnt with a walker is Still a deadly foe. Think about the things Splinter could do in his last years and RUN!
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

I've heard Blender is far from user-friendly, which is why I found Sculptris in the first place. I don't know anything about retopologizing your polytriaquadagons and tribaking UV quintapaints or whatever.

Regarding the crease information though, that's great stuff. I've been messing around with Sculptris for a couple weeks now, but haven't realized just how useful the crease tool is until this model. That should help out a lot.Thanks.

Edit: Ok, so I downloaded Blender. Decided I would just try and make a decent cylinder and export it, then import it over and over to make the shape of the walker and then mold the pieces together. Well, upon importing the first cylinder, Sculptris crashed. Is there some specific settings I should set when exporting it from Blender?
    Last edited by FatherChristmas; 09-25-10 at 03:43 AM.

Hey FC, I usually go to Silo for that type of thing but its a commercial program. But they give 30 day demo I think. I havent used Blender much. The learning curve on it is tremendous but I have seen that its a brilliant program and being free rocks. Its a fact that there are a Lot of objects Sculptris doesnt like to play with. I dont know what the settings would be. Sean are you out there somewhere? Is there is an answer to that problem with objects from Blender to Sculptris and the crash FC is getting?

Every combination of settings I've chosen when exporting from Blender has either crashed Sculptris, or imports an invisible object.

Hey FC,

I created a cylinder in Zbrush and it works a lot better than the object I was going to attach from Silo. For some reason the cylinder from Silo wont rotate properly. Hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files