Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Postcards from Kohaku

Damn you and your challenge Dreamz. You have set me down a sorry path and I cant help myself. I started playing with backgrounds in photoshop to use in sculptris and one thing led to another. And after a couple of beers I started waxing maudlin. Maudlin didn't like that and struck back Be sure and put on your sunglasses.

Dear Alia,

I haven't had the oppurtunity to write to you until now. I am in my hotel room on the edge of Great Lava at the tours first planetary destination. The people here are quite imposing in their looks as I suppose I am to them, but they are friendly and very intelligent and easy to talk to.

As you know I was tired of the City. There are just too many people there and I left it with no regrets. I need the great wide open, a beautiful flowing river, fish I can eat that won't eat me and quiet. My final destination will be Jace's Planet. I hear the fishing is good there.
    01 City00.jpg
    I guess I am an ignorant man because I could have sworn that nothing could live in hyperspace unless they were protected by the comforting walls of a ship but I was wrong. I was standing at the view wall looking out at hyperspace when I saw it. It was a strange mothlike creature but no more related to a moth than I was. There was a certain elegance about it but it seemed terrified and to be fleeing something. I shuddered at the thought and could not fully comprehend why. Here is the best shot I could take of it.

02 Hyperspace.jpg

I met one of the native shaman today. Most of the Bokor's I have met have been a happy go lucky lot but not this fellow. He was full of doom and gloom and the prophecies that rattled off his tongue would melt through steel. I thought we had our share of fire and brimstone at home but this fellow outdoes them all. He would be a surefire hit in the City.

03 First Stop.jpg

Have to go. The ship conductor is rousting passengers out of the hotel. I guess the Hammer is getting ready to leave. I wish I had more time. Say hello to the guys down at the bar for me and be sure to water the plants when you go to my place to feed the kitty. I am afraid it will be a long time before you hear from me again.

Yours Forever,

Kohaku
    Last edited by Tartan; 10-09-10 at 03:34 AM.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Cool. That last one made me think of a TOOL album cover.

Great Surrealistic Stuff!

Hey Tartan..Awesome..

I keep seeing little people waking on a floor in front of that last one you posted...It must be about thirty feet high, and about seventy feet long.
    A giant Diego Rivera type of mural..

Really bold and striking pieces..Congrats..

Thx Guys,
    It was inspired by the abstract thread of course and my current fascination of using old images as materials and then exploring the variations just by turning a model around. Plus I am subject to fits of taking images for a ride in photoshop with mirroring, hue changes, blending etc. They turn out really abstract and results are unpredictable which makes it more fun. Then I can use that image as background, material or both. Sculptris makes a unique compositing tool. If the mat is spot on the lines are clean.

Thanks Spirit, in the middle behind him there are faces you cant see lol. I like Diego but I didn't realize he did such huge murals. Now I want to see one up close Its just fun seeing how the material can relate to structure and angle and whether I can yank an image out of it.
    Last edited by Tartan; 10-09-10 at 03:51 AM.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

I just love the strange mothlike creature , the image is quite elegant....
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    “Time's the thief of memory”

too much LSD man

Thanks Blue. That one was fun to do also. I was trying to simulate hyperspace not very successfully

Yes Stan, I am having flashbacks from the early 70s, Roger Dean and blacklight posters. I will be pushing this thread more but will probably tweak the first two images a bit first.

Magical! Magical! Magical!

Realy like the green one Keep exploring this kind of stuff!

Default Nessie

Thanks for your encouraging comments .......Nessi or rather Pteromermaphant
    Sea serpent is now posted in Challenge 3.....I posted on the last day so i dont think anybody got to see it.......
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    “Time's the thief of memory”

Very trippy visuals. Brings back memories of 90s techno flyer artworks and the "Lawnmover Man"-Movie.

Thx Dreamz Thx Bas I really like exploring that direction. Its been a lot of fun experimenting

Thx Xeno, Lawnmower Man, That Does bring back memories. Techno 90s was a Fun time

Np Blue My brothers came from out of town and we spent a lot of time together drinking beer yesterday so I didnt have a chance to comment .
    Last edited by Tartan; 10-09-10 at 03:45 AM.

Red face Missed...

... this one!
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site