Started this tonight:

laho1.jpg

Doubt I'll finish it in time.
    Last edited by edtuckerartist; 10-08-10 at 10:58 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Scary little thing that flies around at night.

I snapped a flash pic of this little fairy as she was coming in to have her way with a grub. It sure wasn't easy! I had to use a special motion detecting shutter release and a cool gizmo that would launch a meal worm to precisely the same spot. After observing her flight pattern I was able to snap this excellent picture. For some reason National Geographic is simply not returning my calls.

killerbeefairy.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	killerbeefairy.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	220215  
    Last edited by celtic3d; 10-08-10 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Some slight adjustments to brightness and contrast as requested by the fairy.

Default Competition Closes Today, Friday 11.59 pm. GMT

Just over 9 hrs left, folks.
    Last edited by dreamz; 10-08-10 at 06:27 AM.

Dragog:

Dragog1.jpg

Another view:

drog.jpg
    Last edited by edtuckerartist; 10-08-10 at 10:56 AM.

Default This Challenge Is Now Closed

Well done all,

@ Spritdreamer. Spirit I have been following the evolution of your chimera. I really like the feel you have going on there. Very winter and whimsical. Elegant even

@ Tomol. I just went back and saw what you have been doing Tomol. That texture job rocks! It brought your chimera to life

@ Bas Mazur. Thx Bas. That would make a very funny sculpt Once I get around to retopping on a lot of what I have done I would like to tackle that one

@ Captain Nemo. Captain you are one of the best comical sculptors here. Not only is the sculpting good but the Character of his face really shines through. I like what you did in your thread with him

@ Blueferret Blue. thats Vastly improved. Good work on the texture too I would still go back and redo the wings. They need ridges where the dragons wing bones would be. This is a problem I was running into also but I think I may have solved it. You are so very close with this chimera. Especially on the texturing and particularly on the head. That is shining

@ Edtucker. Ed, I am sitting here looking at your sculpts and what I am seeing has promise. Out of all of them on a purely visual level notwithstanding the contest, the dragonhead abstract is the most striking. It just looks really cool to me and my brothers who are visiting said they liked it as well. The material you used fits the flame nature of a dragon. That being said your basic sculpts do need work. But that can be addressed later and the more you play in Sculptris the better they will get. I think we need a reference thread to help out in that regard. Dont be discouraged just keep at it

@ Celt. Omg I Love that idea and composition. A Harpy Bee! Watch out if she gets her claws in you because she packs quite a sting Damn National Geographic anyway! Its obvious to me they dont know true talent!

@ everyone else. Guys I had a fun time seeing what everyone has done and for me I learned a lot. Taron taught me about insect legs simply by doing such a great job on his Koala spider monkey.

@ Dreamz Thanks Dreamz. It was a really fun thread. You have been outdoing yourself in that regard. BUT YOU NEED TO COMPETE ALSO!!! If you dont start competing I am going to hound you MERCILESSLY muhahahaha
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Everybody did great work on this challenge.
    A lot of different entries. Everybody has their own style it seems.

@Taron: You did a great job on texturing and material, especially the skin
    of the cat and the fur of the koala thing. I wish my sculptris wouldn't
    crash at 4096.

@Tomol: The four ped has become more and more sofisticated. Especially with the material updates.

@mermaidine: I like the giraffe idea. I think the model is flowing great. But there is even more potential with textures.

@Tartan: I wish you had went on with the scorpion man. Because it has more potential. Seeing it textured and from a different perspective ...etc.

@Everybody else: Great ideas and no one sucked in this challenge.

Great work everyone. And Tartan, there aren't enough hours in the day at the moment. Besides which, it would be peculiar for the host of the challenges to enter work; people would feel obliged to vote me the winner - and if they didn't, they'd be disqualified on spurious grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan

@ Edtucker. Ed, I am sitting here looking at your sculpts and what I am seeing has promise. Out of all of them on a purely visual level notwithstanding the contest, the dragonhead abstract is the most striking. It just looks really cool to me and my brothers who are visiting said they liked it as well. The material you used fits the flame nature of a dragon. That being said your basic sculpts do need work. But that can be addressed later and the more you play in Sculptris the better they will get. I think we need a reference thread to help out in that regard. Dont be discouraged just keep at it
    Thanks and another thanks for taking the time to respond to my sculpts.

I read somewhere that Gemini's tend to move onto new things leaving lot's of unfinished things behind. And that does hold true with me as I can't resist the lure of a fresh canvas/Sculptris sphere
    I generaly tend to sculpt without refrence so what I create is very random and straight from the refrence in my head

Wow Tomol! I missed your update! Compliments! Looks Great!

Very freaking awesome, tomol! Good job!!!
    ...I was really hoping you'd finish it up and totally missed the update, too! Thanks, piz, for pulling me back in to check!

wow, how great this is, especially the one with the big hat and the small nose, I love it. And no nb's anywhere to be seen.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345