ZBrushCentral

Crazy 3D Work Gumbo

Hey there zbrushers. Finally making my own thread.

My name is Rob and I have been an art student for a while. First degree was more generalist art approach but then I started taking animation courses and got a little more playtime with 3D apps like 3DS Max and Zbrush. Been doing Zbrush for a couple of months took two classes but have been self taught for the most part. Anyway I would like to gear my work towards more Games and such.

Here is my noobish work! Please leave some comments :smiley:

dragon_WIP.jpg After watching Dog Soldiers I couldnā€™t get it out of my head how cool the werewolves were in that movie with NO CG. Made my bust more of a were-dog like a hyena or a rot-weiller rather than the typical wolf/German sheperd.

More coming. Working on some environment stuff since that is what I like most.

Attachments

wraith_render_1.jpg

walken_test_render_1.jpg

demonfetus_WIP_1.jpg

were_dog_WIP.jpg

Love the dragon ! :+1:

Thanks a lot. After making I saw a few improvements I wanted to make so I will be revisiting/remaking it, but this time full body, sometime soon.

New guy I was working on. I am really trying hard to refine my textures. Still need to figure out how to do specular stuff on zbrush. reaver_rendertest2.jpg

Moar stuff to practice with faces and such. Guille_render_2.jpg

Attachments

jorge_render_1.jpg

julio_render_1.jpg

Work in Progress Mermaid. Inspired by Iain McCraig and Pirates of the Caribbean mermaid conceptsā€¦very loosely.

mermaid_render_1.jpg

good job friend

Ok here is an update on my mermaid. Did some tweaks to her anatomy to make her more ā€œfeminineā€ and did some polypaint work.

mermaid_render_2.jpg

nice workā€¦like the texture of mermaid

Your sculpting is improving over your previous work. Keep at it.

Thanks guys. This feedback keeps me motivated and Iā€™ll keep posting more soon.

Ok guys Iā€™ve been working on some environments and I am still very confused on how to approach walls. My approach to almost everything is the basemesh>zbrush>export maps back to low poly. That seems to work so far but then I encounter this problem here:

[attach=256149]wall_topology.jpg[/attach]

I have never been sure how to approach windows in general, or walls for that matter. I could really use some help. I thought about doing this below but it might not be an elegant solution.

[attach=256150]wall_topology_posfix.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

wall_topology.jpg

wall_topology_posfix.jpg

Here is the environment I was working on. I used zbrush for some texturing and extra detail.
tikirendertextures12.jpg

Critique away!

Attachments

beachbar_04.jpg

This is an old project of mine that I decided to finish up a bit. Its based on a concept from someone else. Here is a base texture I made in zbrush but my uvā€™s were a mess. I donā€™t really know how to approach unwrapping this.
naga_render_incomplete.jpg

Attachments

naga_render.jpg

WOW! some great detail work there

Thanks Dongzi! Here is a character I am working on. Found sweet concept and decided to give a try to zbrush with hard surface. My goal is to do the whole hi-poly in Zbrush so that I can learn to use clip, polish, shadowbox, etc.

orange-guys.jpg

Attachments

soldier_render_2.jpg

I say you need to exaggerate your angles on the shack. The dragon is looking good, I hope you r are going to add more resolution to it.

@Mr-NYM
Thanks for the advice. Maybe that is one of the things that seemedā€¦off about the scene when I kept looking at it. The dragon was one of my very first zbrushes and this is probably a good time to revisit it, yes. I get so caught up on all the new things I am learning that I just keep moving forward maybe even leaving some things unfinished.

From the concept you are using, converting it into a zbrush sculpt looks like it would have many sub tools, of which you are currently lacking. You need to imagine it as a suit you would put on in real life, imagine yourself assembling the armoured suit on to you. That way the model will look a million times better and will looks a lot more believable.

As suggested previously I went back to my dragon and did some more detail and some tweaking. Soon I should take it out of zbrush, retopo, and get some good rendering. Here is a progress pic. Tell me what you think.