ZBrushCentral

Pc Wip

I’m looking for feedback on the muscle structure. The character has obvious proportional irregularities by design (no neck, large hands, large head). I imagine that people will tell me more detail is needed.
1015.jpg

Hey, … good job there. :+1:

I'm not an expert since I'm studying anatomy myself right now, but the yellow areas need some attention IMO.
   And it would be better to also include a back view for feedback.  

Sculpting anatomically correct is very difficult as I've experienced, since muscles deform in different poses.
   So it's very important you have real good references (anatomy books, photo's, ...), even when doing fantasy characters.
   A good online reference e.g. = (amongst others) [WIKI](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bones_of_the_human_skeleton) 

It's important to learn the skeletal structure, where the bony landmarks are and where muscles originate and end.
   E.g. the brachioradialis (one of the arm muscles, indicated with an * on the picture) starts above the bony landmark of the ulna (one of the lower arm bones).
   Another thing to note is the abdomen : it's indeed an "eight pack" but the two uppermost go above the ribcage, the abdomen starts right under the pectoralis major.
   Another : the index finger usually is shorter than the middle finger.
   And he biceps should go a bit lower in this position : depending upon how the humerus (upper arm bone) is rotated, you usually can see the brachialis from the front view.

In your post you expect people to tell you more detail is needed, but that is not the case.
   I'd even say less detail to start with : make sure in lower subdivisions to sculpt in the landmarks and proportions and then it's easier to judge the overall shapes and curves of a body.

Edit : I haven’t indicated it on the picture, but the knees also need some attention.
A lot is going on there and good anatomical study is needed to study the flow of muscles, bones and tendons …

Edit 2 : My advice is to not start with another character, but go on sculpting this one with good references at hand : go over each part of the body and for each part look at the references to see if your landmarks correspond to those references.
You’ll learn a lot more than when starting over each time, as I’ve did so many times in the past.

Edit 3 : Also : don’t forget that a body has fat : it tends to “even out” the outer forms.
Sculpting the muscles is good for study, or for a very athletic figure, but a lot of that needs smoothing afterwards.

Hope this helps.

![1015_b.jpg|730x744](upload://zbVMndjUXgP2BLnE5jRpooL53ll.jpeg)

I spent a little more time on the anatomy, I know it could use more love. Added skin diffuse (also could use more love), horn details, blocked in the loin cloth and started thinking about tattoos.
1016.jpg

man you really need to fix those abs and the biceps before texturing it more, they really distract from anything else O_o Also making his chest more difined will help considering it takes up 50% of the picture

updates to the bust and the rest of the body
1017_bust.jpg

Attachments

1017_body.jpg

Updates on my Mem the Grunt character, I would have liked to fix some of the things that may be pointed out on this thread, but I’m moving on to another thing.

[attach=225917]body_zbrush.jpg[/attach]
[attach=225918]bust_zbrush.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

body_zbrush.jpg

bust_zbrush.jpg

Starting a new project, child soldier.
boots.jpg

Very nice work, man. :+1:

That grunt character’s head looks too big for his body. He looks like Larry King. He looks top heavy.
His arms look too long also. That is, unless you want him to be ape-like.

Now we talking. Changing the chest really helped it, since its the first place your eyes go ;]
And the proportions are ok, he isnt human after all ;f But yeah you could try to make his head 30% smaller and the legs longer, and check out how will it look ;] Good job anyway

Some more of the pieces blocked in. I haven’t spent any time on the detail yet, still working on a solid base mesh. Any feedback is appreciated.

adding creases to cloths in so low poly is a bad idea, i always do it as a layer when i hit max poly, you can project the same model with added loops in max onto a layer, and have a cleaner topology that way.

OK, I trust you on that- my issue has been that I haven’t been able to get clean results without putting the creases in through topology. How do you do it? Damien’s standard and lazy Mouse? And why not do it at the low level?

Look at this model i made, it looks fairly complex, and has nice creases and stuff, but in reality its just a layer projected onto a box. I made a more complex model i modo and then projected it as a layer. Then i turn off that layer and sculpt, this way i wont accidently smooth out or breake the topology taht was use for the hard creases with clay brush or something, since there is none ;D

Attachments

medkitsmall wip 5.jpg

medkitsmall wip 6.jpg

medkitsmall wip.jpg

Thanks for the information, I think that all makes sense. I was placing the seams in through the topology because I didn’t feel comfortable sculpting them. I’ve been following your advice with this recent work.

dec11_legs.jpg

Attachments

dec11_back.jpg

dec11_front.jpg

dec11_bust.jpg

I’m new to hard surface modeling in ZBrush, here’s an AK-47 to go with the soldier. It still needs work. ak47.jpg

Going for a heady warrior. Initial sculpt. [attach=234629]initialSculpt.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

initialSculpt.jpg

Any feedback on the anatomical accuracy is appreciated.

Looking for some feedback on this one. I’m feeling like it’s probably time to start adding finer details, sorting out the hair, etc. Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Hey Patrick!!! You are doing a Great Job dude