Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Sounds fantastic
    Can't wait to hear some more about this.

Pole_Crit.jpg
    Would there be a way to make this so it avoids putting poles so close together and make vertexes favor 3 to 4 edge connections?

Awesome Dr. Peter! truly awesome. This will save so much head ache.
    Last edited by F i L; 10-24-10 at 11:06 AM.

Lightbulb

Being able to model with self generating quads would be a real solution for inter opererability with other 3d prgrams.....If the price of such an app was within reason it would fill a real niche in the cg art world.......you have my support.

blueferret
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    “Time's the thief of memory”

I'm just waiting for the technology of Sculptris to be installed inside of Zbrush, currently Sculptris is too buggy and wacked out to use seriously, imo.

But an Auto-Retopo idea is a great direction, let's get it done!

Member Follow User Gallery

AWESOME!

Technically speaking, Blueferret, what you're suggesting probably isn't to realistic. Not only would that (most likely) run much slower, it's also pretty much pointless to import a super dense mesh into Maya/Max/etc.. unless you're rendering, in which case topology is irrelevant.

Sculptris's ability to chew through any topology (because it simplifies to tris) means you can worry about topology when it matters (before you animate) and allows you to focus on shape and form... or at least that would be the case if Sculptris could handle millions of polygons and polypaint but until then we have to use external tools, which means being careful with quad topology and, as usual, what Dr. Petter appears to have come up with looks like an elegant solution.

Nicely done Dr P!

automatic topology with quads is very VERY nice ... however ... it'd be better if we still had a little control over edgeflow ... you know ... like placing markers beforeheand so that the edgeloops are where we want them and still keep the topology clean ...

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmetallist
    automatic topology with quads is very VERY nice ... however ... it'd be better if we still had a little control over edgeflow ... you know ... like placing markers beforeheand so that the edgeloops are where we want them and still keep the topology clean ...
    Sort of spline or freehand curves (main head shapes, for example) to adapt the edgeflow to anything you need...

Quote Originally Posted by F i L
    Technically speaking, Blueferret, what you're suggesting probably isn't to realistic. Not only would that (most likely) run much slower, it's also pretty much pointless to import a super dense mesh into Maya/Max/etc.. unless you're rendering, in which case topology is irrelevant.

Sculptris's ability to chew through any topology (because it simplifies to tris) means you can worry about topology when it matters (before you animate) and allows you to focus on shape and form... or at least that would be the case if Sculptris could handle millions of polygons and polypaint but until then we have to use external tools, which means being careful with quad topology and, as usual, what Dr. Petter appears to have come up with looks like an elegant solution.
    Sine Scultris has a reduce mesh brush and also a button for all mesh reduction
    it seems to me you could make low poly quad models using those tools .
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    “Time's the thief of memory”

Default The Dr. Is in the Lab

I wish I could Beta test for this.
    I love this app, and soon I'll have more time to play with it, Yah!

Thanks Dr. Petter, I love Sculptris

dr petter!! that quad conversion looks so well!i already use sculptris and zbrush together but this would make it a lot better...The bad thing about posting this is waiting will be so hard again.. ajja

Auto-retopo ftw!

Default Auto retopo

Auto pilots tend to crash in a while...

Totally Agree with Deathmetallist, an assisted automatic retopology would be fine, just because for an animation mesh the mesh flow and density is too important to let an algorithm create it for us.

And, please, make it a bit difficult to set up, I don't want to be replaced by a chimp.
    - Todo artista vive del aplauso del público, y muere de hambre -

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast