Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ISK-86
    Auto pilots tend to crash in a while...

Totally Agree with Deathmetallist, an assisted automatic retopology would be fine, just because for an animation mesh the mesh flow and density is too important to let an algorithm create it for us.

And, please, make it a bit difficult to set up, I don't want to be replaced by a chimp.
    This would open you up to create MORE in less time, instead of making a model in a week, you're down to 3 days or maybe even 1. Smaller budgets for projects, more projects can be made. Returns on investment are larger, profits are bigger.

You win.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Indeed, this looks like it'll save some time.

Member Follow User Gallery

good luck! I hope it come up soon!

your quadrangles are a lot more uniform and with less poles but it seems that the blender guys got a quads version up and running (derived i think from sculptris):

http://www.blendernation.com/2010/11...d-clay-update/

just poles EVERYWHERE but they seem to be trying for a quads only mesh... not sure how useful it will be over tris when it's that "poley" but it's interesting.

jin

This certainly is exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by jinchoung
    your quadrangles are a lot more uniform and with less poles but it seems that the blender guys got a quads version up and running (derived i think from sculptris):

http://www.blendernation.com/2010/11...d-clay-update/

just poles EVERYWHERE but they seem to be trying for a quads only mesh... not sure how useful it will be over tris when it's that "poley" but it's interesting.

jin
    Is there a beta build available?

3D Coat has a similar autoretopo function, but i think its highly welcome for Sculptris as well.

there's one thing that worries ... even if we get fairly decent or even good results from it ... what if the interface is just plain horrible ?

personnaly I dig UV master ... it's not the most perfect unfolding ever ... but it's more than enough for most tasks ... but it's so easy and obvious to use , fast too ...

but the retopology tool in zbrush is pretty horrible ... though ... GOZ solved a big chunk of that problem ...

I hope that this one will come with a clever interface ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoid
    3D Coat has a similar autoretopo function, but i think its highly welcome for Sculptris as well.
    Indeed 3DCoat Autoretopo is really great,model anything in voxels and just hit Autoretopo and thats it.

I personnaly don't think that that this kind of algorithm is usable for animatable characters.
    At least not alone. Perhaps to do an overall retopology and to be corrected by hand in specific parts .

The main application I can see is for converting a tri-mesh to a quad-mesh with multiple subdiv levels ... That could make an ideal bridge between ZBrush and Sculptris ..

If it can handle animatable meshes, it will be even better, but in all case, this is the kind of tools to be developped IMO .

Can't to see the next development steps

Quote Originally Posted by Chokmah
    I personnaly don't think that that this kind of algorithm is usable for animatable characters.
    At least not alone. Perhaps to do an overall retopology and to be corrected by hand in specific parts .

The main application I can see is for converting a tri-mesh to a quad-mesh with multiple subdiv levels ... That could make an ideal bridge between ZBrush and Sculptris ..

If it can handle animatable meshes, it will be even better, but in all case, this is the kind of tools to be developped IMO .

Can't to see the next development steps
    You're going to have to tweak the mesh after. But you're looking at saving (especially with topology guides) a huge chunk of time. HUGE.

yeah, i think so... you can find the beta builds off the blender.org site.

not a pro at 3d sculpting or Zbrush. but isn't this like remesh in ZBrush. How is this any different?i can take my sculptris model into zbrush and remesh it. perhaps remesh doesn't give an all quad mesh.

If you try to remesh a more intrincate mesh like a hand or something like that you will notice the difference. Remesh is so good for many things if you need an uniform dense quad mesh. I can´t wait for this Dr. pepper new gift!!

@dargelos, yeah that is true. Perhaps a higher res setting for remesh followed by project all can help, but the higher resolution would mean thousands of extra polygons.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast