ZBrushCentral

Useful tips for those who don't like reading the manual.

As this is a thread for those who hate reading the manual, I’ll keep it short:

Did you know that by holding the Control key down that the smudge brush becomes the simple brush?

Only took me a year to find this out.

Apparently I was the last person on the forum to find this out :wink:

That’s funny :slight_smile:
Here is another tip…

A mostly known fact: Clicking on a color selector and dragging to the canvas allows you to ‘pick’ base colors from the canvas

A mostly unknown fact: Clicking on a color selector and pressing the ALT key while dragging to the canvas allows you to ‘pick’ a post-shading colors from the canvas.

Example of use:Select a color and draw a simple 3D sphere in the canvas. The 3D-shaded sphere is composed of wide range of base-color intensities and color variations (material depended), by using the ALT-pick method you can ‘pick’ any of these shades or color variations.

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_image-1023469208lws.jpg[/img]

Note: For calculated color-mixer see Aurick’s ZScript in this thread :slight_smile:

-Pixolator

Thanks for this tip Pix. This will come in handy in my landscape paintings.

You were the second to last person to learn this thelonious. I never knew that until you posted(or the Pix tip)

Nobody should be afraid to post tips they think are “obvious”

I never knew either, either. Great idea for a thread, and very useful contributions from you both.

My favorite tip is one that I’ve said before, but this is a good place for it: Don’t forget that when using the Transform gyros, you can enter precise values for the mode that you’re in. Transform>Modifiers>Info has sliders for X Move, Y Move, Z Move – or Scale – or Rotation depending on which gyro you’re using at the moment.

I’ve used the Move options often when I want to space a few objects evenly, and use the Rotation one all the time.

Thanks to both. I’m learning so much new every day from the latest posts and my apparently never-ending attempts to research the backlog from before I joined that I’m afraid I don’t have time to reply to everything. But this certainly does not mean they’re unappreciated. I downloaded and printed the manual, but I can honestly say that so far I haven’t opened it once. Everything I’ve learned to date has come directly or indirectly from the massive treasure-house of information that you and others like you have generously shared with us all on this forum. So a big collective thanks to the many others to whom I owe a previously unexpressed debt of gratitude. :slight_smile:

good to remember that… :+1:

Yes Always useful to re put on the pile all these crazzy tips! :slight_smile:
Pilou

I’d prefer indexed search instead of pushing on luck to find the solution to a problem, I have not come across a programe that does not include text directory.
by the way, how do I delete an object, why don’t the DEL key work? :confused:

Very useful and good tips, thanks!
:+1:

here are my two-cents’ worth:

:large_orange_diamond: at least have a look through the manual    ;) (even a little at a time will help)
 :large_orange_diamond: keep the manual handy and use the search function in Acrobat Reader (I had to do that just now to remind me where the "3D copy" button was located)
 :large_orange_diamond: take advantage of the mouseover + control-key popup help

filip: to delete an object you have to get out of edit or transform mode and “undo” (control-Z on PC).

Yes havran the Acrobat reader research is the more useful tip for find something quickly :cool:
I use only this :slight_smile:
Pilou

Great tips, thanks!

hhhmmmm…useful tips for those who dont like to read the manual?..
hmmmmmmmmm

I know! A very useful tip. Conquer one’s fear if letters, words, and sentences and READ THE MANUAL…lol.
Theres no other thing to it.

Oh yeah…and the ? botton and ctrl key…of course.

thanx :slight_smile: :+1:

is there more tips that is not
in manual :confused:

Saki,
This whole forum is one giant useful tip…if you can keep up with the threads…even ones that may not at first seem interesting…as a newbie myself I can honestly say that by reading everything, you will find more tips that create more ideas than you could finish in a lifetime!!

Happy Zexploring!