ZBrushCentral

Laurie's sketchbook

Here’s something I finished up today.

Let me know what you think.

[attach=226690]Hard_surface_image_dof.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Hard_surface_image_dof.jpg

You can see more detail without the depth of field.

[attach=226691]hard_surface_image.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

hard_surface_image.jpg

Looks pretty good, what I’d recommend on changing is adjusting proportions so it looks more like a human face(unless your going for an alien type head). Also just sharping some edges of the face, for example the triangle right under the eyes seems uneven for a metal surface. Where the eyebrows are I think you need to smooth out the curve. maybe also adding a low opacity red rgb value just around the eyes so the red isn’t so sharply defined.

other then that it looks great, i like the sharp edges on the top of his head and his nose structure.

Hey thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate the valuable feedback. I was going for the alien look. I’ll put up an updated image soon.

Thanks again.

A few updated versions. What do you think???

Cheers

[attach=226935]COMPOSITE.jpg[/attach]
[attach=226936]COMPOSITEv2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

COMPOSITE.jpg

COMPOSITEv2.jpg

head_thumb.jpg

Attachments

Head.jpg

It’s a good starting point
Eyes are too big though :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feed back.

I will adjust the eyes and post it.

head_thumb.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=260411)

Updated a few features:- Shrunk the eyes a little and narrowed the cheek bones. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Attachments

Head_sculpt_1.2.jpg

Head_sculpt_1.2.jpg

ZBC1.jpg

[attach=260985]ear.jpg[/attach]

An ugly old ear, not anatomically correct but just a fun rendering.

Attachments

ear.jpg

I just came across this thread, I like your work, that’s a pretty disgusting ear, but it’s awesome! How did you decide to render this?

-this is really cool!:smiley:
…and gross:lol:

OMG this looks awesome. What rendering engine did you use?

I used mental ray in Maya for this render. Thanks for the positive feedback.

That head’s planes are a bit off. But that ear is pretty cool

I know what you are saying about the planes on the head. I’m going to give it another look to refine that head.

[head_thumb.jpg[/ATT]%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3C/font%3E"]head_thumb.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=262093)

Upper body sculpt. I’m trying to improve my anatomy, so any feedback would be really valuable.

Thanks.

Attachments

upper_body.jpg

I dont know much about anatomy but I think that your upper body torso looks good. The only thing that might not be right is the abs, I think they may need to be reshaped a little bit. :+1:

i agree. i think the abs need to have more [width]
and the belly botton is to small and try to bulk out the ribcage and the nipels need some work
Keep up the good work:+1:

Thanks for the feedback. Its good to have some fresh eyes for some input.

Cheers.