ZBrushCentral

Using zBrush to create 2D Textures & UV-Mapped Models?

Hi, Im currently looking at zBrush as an alternative to UV-mapping in 3DS Max and creating 2D texture files in photoshop. Neither of these are my strongpoints which is irritating because I do create some nice game-ready models.

Essentially, im looking to ‘import’ my 3DS Max models into zBrush, then use zBrush’s facilities to ‘paint’ the basic texture onto my polygons. Im hoping that i can then export the model, with the same low-poly count I Imported it with, (likely have to rebuild my heirachy etc), and zBrush will export a 2D texture file or two, and approriatte UV-coordinates for my model to correctly use the texture.

I can then of course touch up the texture in photoshop. While this method may be a little tricky im hoping itll save me a lot of time…

Question to you is, IS this something i can do in zBrush and how exactly would i go about it?

Thanks!

LOL…doesn’t anybody read the Sticky threads?

No, as they contain no information for me? Unless i scroll back several tens of pages…

Can anyone else answer?

:lol: Well, if you read the Sticky threads, you would know that this forum is the Tutorials Forum, for posting Tutorials. Not for asking questions and not even for asking questions about tutorials. If you have put together a ZBrush Tutorial then you would post it in this forum. You can post questions in the Other Questions and Troubleshooting Forum. There is also a very good Search option.

Edit: Thread moved from Tutorials Forum.

Its been moved. My question remains… Im aware of search functions, But im not searching an alien forum for something that probably won’t answer my question when someone can spend 2 minutes typing my answer.