ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Full Figure ZSpheres 08-11-03 to 08-25-03 (Closed)

Well everyone, its that time again. First, I would like to thank the participants of the Fantasy Weapons Challenge. Some amazing images there. Thanks for giving it a go yall.
As for me, sorry for the delay. I had the most terrible drama show with my computer yesterday (more like all week). But alas, all is well and I am back on track. Never fear!..MNC is here!..and what are we doing?

[attach=7538]user_image-1060700582lfr[1].jpg[/attach]

Thats right. Its time to get some good ZSphere practice in here. Plus, with all the excitement about the new ZBrush release and its abilities, practicing making figures with adaptive ZSpheres can only help. Don’t forget about Mentat7’s Bodyworks thread. Not only is that a great reference but I believe he also links to some videos by our WETA friend, Ambient Whisper. Great references both those guys. :+1: I will also try to put more reference here as well and give all the help, crits, and comments I can. Also, here is an Adaptive ZSphere Creature I am still tweeking. There is some hand info in there by Pix too.

Okay, time for the guidelines.

:large_orange_diamond:Must be a new model. No recycling! I can’t stress this enough. Start from scratch yall. Practice makes perfect.

:large_orange_diamond:Must be made with the ZSphere tool. We are going to try and focus on low poly adaptive skinning. Try to include hands, feet, fingers, and toes (if they have them…MWOAHAHAH!).

:large_orange_diamond: Post shots of the Zif(Zsphere) tool, and the skinned version next to it. Posting poly counts would be good too. If you don’t know how to figure this out in ZB, all you have to do is hover the mouse cursor over the smaller preview of the tool in the tools palette and it will tell you. :+1:

:large_orange_diamond: Extended detail modeling is optional. We are concentrating on good zif construction and form but for the more advanced users…Do it to it baby! :wink:

:large_orange_diamond:Make whatever you like, Mosters, Orcs, Goblins…just try to keep a more humanoid structure for now. Though if you feel you can handle a dragon or giant bug or something, then go for it! :slight_smile:

Okay yall, that is it. The only other thing is that at the end of this challenge, We choose someone to pick the Next MNC topic. Kinda like a reward for excellent achievement. Only thing about this is you have to attend the IRC chats so we can choose someone. Of course, if nobody shows up, we will do it in here. Come on in though. We have tons of fun in there. It isn’t just tech-talk.

Okay, thats it.
As always, Good luck, Have fun, and Happy ZBrushing!

MTB

Attachments

user_image-1060700582lfr[1].jpg

121 Welcome

wow this is a challenge topic to my taste. i do love z-spheres. here is the beastmaster. just adaptive skinned, not modeled yet. i first want to make him a beast, he can take care of…

and a little tip for z-posings : sometimes it is difficult to rotate about a specific z-sphere, since it is “covered” by a “fat” z-spheres. in this case put the size (in the modifiers above the preview) down to 20 or 30. after rotating you can put it back to 100. this size slider does not change the model, just how the z-spheres are presented.

I’m afraid I wont have time to make something , but this stuff already looks great , keep em comming ! :slight_smile:

Greetings,

Here’s a basic rat. I didn’t have time to finish him out. I had to go to work.

here I go! my first model ever (done by z-spheres) after 5 hours :slight_smile:

Excellent start guys!
Remember…Adaptive skinning only! :stuck_out_tongue:

having tons of fun with z-spheres. :smiley: made a couple of critters, but i think those two here are the best out of the horde. the design of this one was based on a nightmare i had recently…

i think, i will take this beast for the beastmaster to care of, its not really lowpoly, but i hope thats ok for the challenge.

Please what is considered low poli?..i want to fit with the rules in the MNC ZSphere.
Thanks very much

Greetings once again,
MTB I love the way you think man, I was just starting my character when I saw your thread, so its great timing.
Here is what I’ve done so far, the character will have no hands instead huge crab like jaws on each arm, acting also as huge hammers to knock his attacks with :small_orange_diamond:

THUNDER

There are 30 Spheres all up and 760 polies. I have tweaked only alittle to get him to this stage.

I was really surprised , once again, at what z-spheres are capable off. I mean this rough outline of my character would have taken ages in another package and less then 1 hour.
My idea was initially to reach this stage and take the model back into maya for futher topology and planal refinement but zb did such a good job I think its going to be an all zb affair :slight_smile:

thanks again

Kircho

Awesome models guys!

Kokoro: Geez man, what do you eat before you go to bed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Andreseloy: Low-poly is anywhere from 5 to 5000 polygons (not ZSpheres). Adaptive skinning is perfect for this but just remember that the density setting affect this grealty. A setting of 1 will make it look like it was built with cubes. Density 2 sub-divides this one. Density 3 subdivides it again and finally one more time with 4.

Kircho: Really awesome man! Would love to see the extended modeling when you get to it!

As for me, I am making some characters for a friend so that too is perfect timing. I should be making them tonight. That is if I can get out of wings. I am loving it too much! Nothing can fill Z’s place though…don’t worry…lol.

Keep’em coming yall!

Mahlikus The Black
Thanks for your kindly and quickly support, and to the guide to work in the MNC.
In debt

This is a great challenge MTB, thanks for setting it up!
My kind of stuff.
Some very good entries so far!
Andres, Nice job… unique.
Kokoro, Quite imaginative work on all of them… I especially like the minotaur, well done!
Arfgraf, Cute mouse, nice job!
Kircho, Developing quite nicely, I can only imagine what is yet to behold!
Best regards,
Michael
Here is mine so far:

I have only sculpted the head, arms and hands so far… plenty more to sculpt…
;~)

whaaa! terrfico entries everybody! Pus, those spiraled drooltentacles are megacool, kokoro, same goes for the clothes :+1: :+1: :+1: - and i love how everybody did the hands/toes/whatever. as i still cant figure out how to do more than three fingers :roll_eyes: (but those zsphereshots are quite instructive) i forgot about the humanoid thingie and went for a basic lowlowpoly four legger:

clockwise: zsphere, adaptiveskin density one (after having done a few tiny editmove adjustments while in preview mode), the before adaptive skin after a few divides and editing turned into an undetailed dachshund like thingie, blocky unified skin done from lowpoly adaptive one.

zsphere+adaptiveskins

• juandel

Not sure how much time I am going to be able to put into this. I have a lot of commitments going on right now and several more waiting on the sidelines. So here is my first phase. The Sphere-Wraith. No real modeling has been done yet. Just Zsphere work and some vertices pushed around a bit.

:b4: 5290 Polys
:b4: 339 ZSpheres
:b4: 1.75 hours of fiddling

faints

wakes up

What’s his poly count?

faints again

these are all really stunning results!
it motivates me again :smiley:
tonight is zspherenight!

greets!

I’ve seen too much good things with those post it’s gonna be a real coool challenge… :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Great pup Juandel… That is awesome Lonnie!
Here is an update to mine, still working at 71,808 polys, I’m thinking about dividing it once more and then get really detailed with the modeling.
Best regards,
Michael

The creature with no name so far:

Nice work everyone!

Kokoro…I love that razzmatazz!

Kircho…hmmm…looks familiar… :slight_smile:

Pusghetty…love it! Here are some name ideas:

:large_orange_diamond: Mantapuss
:large_orange_diamond: Hammernoggin
:large_orange_diamond: The Unknown Zif

:smiley: