ZBrushCentral

robo3687's 2011 Sketchbook

Figured I’d start afresh for the new year with a new thread and a new project. It’s actually a 2nd attempt of a project I tried a year or so ago, a model of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. I looked back at my old one and it was, in a word, horrible…lol…but I’ve been working on this one for about a week and I’m pretty happy with how it’s coming along…

I think I've finally managed to get a likeness pretty darn close. A few notes: - rendered in max with vray and the vrayfastsss2 material - i've got displacement and normal maps on there - the diffuse is mostly hand painted, over the top of photo reference, yet to paint out his facial hair... - need to redo the helmet as he now wears a different one.... - need to find a solution for facial hair and eyebrows... - and the eyes need work obviously.... [001t.jpg[/ATT]%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3C/font%3E"]![001t.jpg|110x60](upload://oa94x6KrDzWfbTTgWHkUvasRUEa.jpeg)](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=232830)

Attachments

001.jpg

002.jpg

Looking pretty good. Nice helmet. Are the eyes too close? The skin is a bit plastic looking I think. Should be less glossy.

YEAH! GO PACK!!!
Can you give him a magical helmet that prevents concussions?

here’s another piece, doing it as part of the sci-fi icons challenge over at cgsociety. I’m doing an old version of Han Solo.

[003.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]![003.jpg|910x677](upload://qtIaeW6HajcaWLBAfbOUJvkOcur.jpeg)](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=)[](http://%3Cbr%20/%3E)

Attachments

004.jpg

005.jpg

I could recognise Harrison ford from the thumbnail itself.
Great work :smiley:

hey nice work on Rodgers,but i think you gotta work a bit more on his hair

@snorcack: well i guess thats a sign i’m doing something right…lol…

@mykmcdaddy: yeah the hair something i’ve still got to get to…

here’s where harrison is at so far, really pleased with how its coming out

010.jpg

update time

012t.jpg

Attachments

012.jpg

made a few changes

• shape of the mouth
  • widened the bridge of the nose slightly
  • bent the nose more (harrisons must have been broken at some point)
  • varied and adjusted the size of the nostrils

i think it’s helped bring it closer…

014t.jpg

Attachments

014.jpg

yeah…you are almost there …just need some finishing:+1:

made a few more changes to both the model and the skin shader…and did some varied lighting to see if the model/shader held up…seems like it did…

018t.jpg

Attachments

018.jpg

bit of a more substantial update.

changes made: - he now has an expression. - adjustments had to be made to suit the expression - using my photo reference and spotlight i was able to match the expression (and his face overall)to i would wager 95% accuracy.... - continued to fiddle with the skin shader, i think i'm finally happy with it....until tomorrow...lol [attach=237396]021t.jpg[/attach] [attach=237397]021.jpg[/attach] [attach=237399]020.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

021t.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

Looking good. I think some hair/eyebrows will make capturing likeness easier :+1:

well i’ve got the eyebrows on, a first pass at least. I always like to look at my renders in B+W as well because you can really tell if you’re on the right track so I’ve included it here as well…

023t.jpg

Attachments

023.jpg

He is looking really great! I would love to see your shader + render settings, I’m having trouble getting a clean result without cranking to render time to hours.

I look forward to seeing more!

All the best

• Gerard

i’ll do that tomorrow (just gone to bed)

these renders are only taking about 4-6 minutes each, even with the DOF and hair

great work, would love to hear your material settings

Put him in liquid carbonite!!! Please!

God, that’s a great sculpt! Spot on. (And so sad the ravages of time have made that out of the young man who was once Han Solo.) :+1:

update time

i’ve added some hair and i think it helps a bit…

not sure if thats the final style i’ll go with but it looks alright for now i think…

025t.jpg

Attachments

025.jpg