ZBrushCentral

"Matador's Nightmare"

Hello once again,

This is an image that I created for the “Monday Night Challenge” monsters and villians category. I thought that I’d repost it for those who might be interested in this type of image but don’t follow the MNC threads. (not to mention that I’m pretty happy with this image as well.) Modelling, texturing and rendering all Zbrush. The only postwork was getting the image in GIF format using photoshop. The boots could’ve used a little work, but, I just did a piece about nothing but boots, so I was not too interested in them this time. :wink: Peace.

This is really good! I like it a lot, the character the modeling and materials are great :+1: :+1: :+1: Congratulations :wink: i’ve seen it too at “heroes and villains” but was wip, isnt it? :wink: really good! :smiley:

Thanks Naax. The WIP was in the MNC thread. I started with the head and this guy was almost going to be a Rottweiler! But I gave him horns instead of sharp teeth. :slight_smile: Thanks for your compliments.

That is pretty cool man, great design… An intense looking minotaur!
Nicely done overall!
Later,
Michael

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :mad: :mad: How come i can’t do tha same huh?
nahh 4 realz it’s really cool keep on going

really nice one!. like the sword alot. wish i already knew how to use textures and materials to achieve such results. well, maybe one day :slight_smile:

Thanks to all for your kind comments. Much appreciated. Something for me kind of “clicked” while doing this image, I wasn’t sure I’d get the desired results, but I kept experimenting with mats and brushes, and then it was like, “ooh, I get it now!”. Trial and error and much research on Zbrushcentral. Also much thanks to those who have posted their techniques and secret uses for the Ztools. Here’s one,…to get a realistic “leather” type material, choose a leather texture, either one downloaded from the web, (leather is pretty easy to find) or scan a piece of leather in if you have a scanner. (Or a picture of leather even.) Then use the “Textured Metal” material. It really makes for a nice leather. That’s how I did the Mino’s gauntlets. Hope that helps and Zya later!