ZBrushCentral

ceiling composition

Hi all! Though there is not so much of the ZBrush in this project but without this perfect program not sure that the result would be so successful.
The role of zbrush here only is the soften edge, scratch and generation color map for using with DDo.
Rendered in Maxwell render.

Attachments

pl_cmc3-d1.jpg

compil1_001.jpg

Very nice work mate!

It’s hard NOT to use Zbrush in a project. :slight_smile:

There’s so much ZB can do, that other programs can’t.

The textures on this are very beautiful and realistic.

I’m a huge DDO fan.

The textures on this are very beautiful and realistic.

Many thanks :)!!!

There is another improvisation on the same theme of the plaster works. I keep working on it not glad yet. The picture is a beauty when the textures is a dark, polished and scratched, but the simple white looks plain.

2.jpg

That’s nice! Looks like some historic designs I’ve seen. The motifs. :slight_smile:

The white looks great to me! Are you going to put some wear on it?

A little weathering might break up the texture a bit.

But it looks fine to me – the white. :slight_smile:

Super work on Roccoco acanthus leaves.Good to see some peole still have the know-how. The methods may have changed, but the craftmanhip and vision are still there.

Great work! :slight_smile: Looks quiet realistic.

Great work Sculpterra :),
Really clean details and great overall shapes. I also really like how they turned out in print.

May I ask you about your method of retopologyzing your dynamesh sculpts? I’m currently modeling a stucco ornament, I finished adding details to the dynamesh which has about 4.8 million polys now and I tried to use the zremesher on it but I get pretty poor results.
Even if I use the Zremesher guides, the result is pretty non-usable when I increase the dubdivisions.

I noticed you said you also use the Zremesher in the earlier posts, do you have any tips when it comes to retopologyzing rococco ornaments and acanthus leaves?
Thanks in advance!

Thank you all for kind words!

About the question

I noticed you said you also use the Zremesher in the earlier posts, do you have any tips when it comes to retopologyzing rococco ornaments and acanthus leaves?

For sorry i have no any tips. Mostly i do the first retopology using zremesher, and after i clear it by hand. Also its occurs to be work to make a retopology with a high level of poligon and reduce it by the decimation master. And i never bake texture in the ZBrush so i don’t need the subdivided low mesh.

Thank you for the answer, Sculpterra! :slight_smile:

I’ll try decimating first, and then using the Zremesher.

Keep up the good work!

I’ll try decimating first, and then using the Zremesher.

It’s not what i’m meant, i’ll try to show it tomorrow.

Keep working on my ceiling composition. Now i’m in doubt about necessity of the all these baked maps that i did before. From the distance it looks so unnatural in compare with only normal maps textured details. Maybe the old approach with a ornaments that just a map is enough.

porezki_003.jpg
porezki_002.jpg
porezki_001.jpg

3.jpg

You mentioned that you did not originally design this in ZBrush. What program did you originally design this in — Rhino ???

Great render and flural detail. I’ve done some roccoco designs before and know how challenging the edge work can get. Great job. Maybe there could be some GOLD!!!

You mentioned that you did not originally design this in ZBrush. What program did you originally design this in — Rhino ???

This project actually bit bigger than just one piece of ceiling. This is true i used Rhino for straight geometry but it’s only because in the project i’m must repeat exactly the cad model and Rhino is the only program that is the CAD and polygonal in the same time.
I can imagine how to do this entirely in Zbrush but in this case i’ll be done this job twice first the cad model and then polygonal model.
The first image which started the topic was done partly in ZBrush, i’ve done there the hi poly model for the baking texture, color map and etc. I just remeshed the CAD model, painted it add some flaws, wrinkle smoothed corner.

default2.jpg