ZBrushCentral

Museum Merman

Panoramic1.jpgDanielLeeCrowd_o.jpgBigMonitorMermen_n.jpgMoniterMermen_o.jpgMerman FullBody3_n.jpg12814745_988841607847666_5254951694307826949_n.jpg12823238_988841181181042_4553959151422689932_o.jpgDyniceDuo_o.jpgPanoramic1.jpg

Attachments

DanielLeeCrowd_o.jpg

DyniceDuo_o.jpg

MermanSilvero.jpgNewOutLineFlats.jpgAVTFishManPres.png
I Modeled in Zbrush

Daniel Lee is a Master Artist who’s work has been featured on the cover of Time Magazine. He is extremely precise in the details of his vision. Sometimes I think to the level of microscopic minutia, but the challenges of meeting his expectations was one I wouldn’t back down from and inevitably I feel honed my Zbrush skills to a much maturer level. It was no walk in the park but I am very honored to have worked with him. Quite honestly, sometimes his phylosophies go way over my head. For a long time I thought this was the past evolutions, but the Mermen are future evolutions where man has to return to the seas because of rising water levels and global warming. Mind blowing. Ha.Directionw.jpg

Screen shot 2015-01-16 at 3.37.29 PM.jpgPearl.jpgScreen shot 2015-01-16 at 3.33.12 PM.pngFishMan Early trst.2 AM.png

Attachments

MermanSilvero.jpg

AVTFishManPres.png

Directionw.jpg

Pearl.jpg

Screen shot 2015-01-16 at 3.33.12 PM.png

Screen shot 2015-01-16 at 3.37.29 PM.jpg

After I modeled and meet design expectations, I rigged the Merman in Maya with dynamic tail.
FKTail.jpgFullRigGUI8_o.jpgMuscle5o.jpgYiArt.jpg

Attachments

Muscle5o.jpg

FullRigGUI8_o.jpg

YiArt.jpg

I took the medium resolution rig into MotionBuilder so I could animate more interactively even though it had automated features in Maya. MotionBuilder is really great for creating “looping” cycles, and not just walk cycle but also swim cycles…of futuristic fantasy creatures.

FishMan Mobu AVT.pngWireframe.pngFishHand Rig.pngMayaMen.jpgMayaNormal.jpgScreen shot 2015-08-11 at 6.51.19 AM.pngScreen shot 2015-05-06 at 10.32.56 PM.png

Attachments

FishMan Mobu AVT.png

Wireframe.png

FishHand Rig.png

MayaMen.jpg

MayaNormal.jpg

Screen shot 2015-08-11 at 6.51.19 AM.png

Screen shot 2015-05-06 at 10.32.56 PM.png

At the same time a large scale 3D print was being made in Taiwan for the National Fine Art Museum. I love in Buffalo NY. No snow jokes please, I heard them all. :wink:
frontFloat_n.jpgGroove_n.jpgMermanFloat.jpgMuseumMermen.jpg

Attachments

MuseumMermen.jpg

I have a lot of fun trying to break the rig with poses before I animate. The Merman didn’t complain. :wink:

Pose3.jpgPose2.jpgPose1.jpg

The final animation renders were over 5k in pixel resolution for panoramic video walls. So I exported the animated meshes to my render wrangler partner in NYC David Wu. He and I have been long time ElectricImage users for decades, handling clients like BMW, Puma and BlackBerry to name a few. ElectricImage can render large finals with lots of effects in a relatively short period of time. The display is currently showing in Taiwan as of March 5th but will travel globally.

Monitor.jpgBnes3.jpgNEXT.jpgDan.jpgEIAS1.jpgYiArt.jpg

Attachments

Monitor.jpg

Bnes3.jpg

YiArt.jpg

Credits:

Daniel Lee New work NEXT will be presented at National Taiwan Museum of Fine Art, March 5 Saturday.
Special thanks for 3D artists David Wu & Alonzo Von Threet, IT supervisor Jimmy Chen, Ceramic professor Fang-Yi Chu Shao Chu, Production managing Yi Art, Interactive programming 東海大學 Tunghai University and Installation coordinating Shin-yu Lai~ ‪#‎FineArt‬ ‪#‎Gallery‬ ‪#‎Creative‬ ‪#‎Animation‬ ‪#‎3DPrint‬ ‪#‎Sculpture‬ ‪#‎Rigging‬ ‪#‎EIAS3D‬ ‪#‎MotionBuilder‬ ‪#‎Maya‬ ‪#‎AutoDesk‬ ‪#‎Zbrush‬ ‪#‎Taiwan‬ ‪#‎Interactive‬ ‪#‎Render‬ ‪#‎Exhibition‬ ‪#‎Advanced‬ ‪#‎Visualization‬ ‪#‎Technology‬ ‪#‎Productions‬ ‪#‎NewWork‬ ‪#‎NEXT‬

credits.jpg

Thank you for viewing. Feel Free to comment.
Thank you Pixologic for landing on Earth and sharing your interstellar alien technology.
You folx are amazing!

Artistically yours
Alonzo Von Threet

AVT.jpg

Here’s a portrait Daniel Lee did of me. So he helped me make another dream come true. I wanted to be a model so he made me into a Buffalo Manimal. I’m from Buffalo. :wink: The other dream is to have work as a fine artist in a gallery, but instead now I have digital sculpture as a fine artist in a national museum. Life is but a dream isn’t it? :wink:

BuffaloArt.jpg

This is from his previous exhibit called “NiteLife”! I didn’t know Zbrush then in 2000 but I told Daniel one day I am going to make his creature in 3D. Done :wink:
Here’s Daniel’s site.

http://daniellee.com/projects/next

And additional images from his site. The project took over a years, so there was a lot of production notes generated.

There’s also more sculpts but they won’t be revealed until May. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks.

FullPano.pngOpening.pngFishBone.pngYiArt.pngMuesumFINEART.png

Attachments

credits.jpg

Great to see this project out and about Alonzo!

Thank you much Magbhitu. I’m glad to see the whole show as well. It’s kind of funny working here in Buffalo. I known Daniel since I lived in NYC but hadn’t seen him in years until we got on facebook. I’m a freelancer so now back to looking for work as usual. But great project for the love of art.

I became addicted to Substance Designer first time I used it on this project. I was simply looking for some app to treat specular or grunge but found an plethora of map types that were new and amazing. Curves maps were incredibly useful.

However, the substance preview with scale were used on the main poster and presentation.

I even started to blend maps in Electricimage image as if there were shaders and that was something I hadn’t done in the 20 years I have used the app. The director wanted to have control over the scale in Photoshop so we didn’t use a lot of the maps.

Attachments

very Interesting.

Here’s a YouTube video link for the exhibit. It shows the sculpt and animation I did for Daniel Lee’s “NEXT” exhibit at the Taiwan National Museum of Fine Art.

This is a honor and privilege because I always wanted to have art in a gallery but never thought it would part of a National Museum. Thank you Daniel for your leadership and vision within Fine Artist and Humanity.

This is an National Taiwan Fine Arts Museum exhibit which has now moved to New City Taipei in Tawain. Here are more photos from the new exhibition in Taipei. Also, while I’m at I would like to again personally thank the people at Pixologic.

Moreover, I would like the than all the artist and instructors who have directly or indirectly contributed to my learning, training and understanding of Zbrush through tutorials, DVDs, YouTube videos or Webinars.

The would go soemthing like this

Paul Gabory who I have study this video and who helped me whenever I brought my GoZ (long time ago)
Ryan Kingslien (no explanition needeed)
Joseph Drust
Zaks Patrocs
Digital Tutors
Gnomon
Alex Alverez
to name few.
Thanks.

Daniels Fishboy copy 2.jpg3DPrintFlats.jpgScreen shot 2015-09-27 at 10.59.51 PM.jpgTopSideZB.jpgPerspective.jpgGills.jpgScreen shot 2015-09-02 at 8.38.13 AM.pngPlanSideZB.jpg

Attachments

Screen shot 2015-09-02 at 8.38.13 AM.png

Gills.jpg

TopSideZB.jpg

PlanSideZB.jpg

Screen shot 2015-09-27 at 10.59.51 PM.jpg

Perspective.jpg

I was very impressed how the art was used but never expected this!

On Location 3D Prints of TadPole Mermen.

I call them FishBoy or “Taddy” for short.

FishBoyGenerate2_o.jpgSwarmPrints27_o.jpgInteractivePrintso.jpgBlackEx_o.jpgSuperSwarm95_o.jpgSchoolPrint_o.jpgOn Location_o.jpgBlackMerman_o.jpg

Attachments

FishBoyGenerate2_o.jpg

SwarmPrints27_o.jpg

InteractivePrintso.jpg

BlackEx_o.jpg

SuperSwarm95_o.jpg

SchoolPrint_o.jpg

On Location_o.jpg

BlackMerman_o.jpg

Hi Zbrushers!

I’m very happy to share this Virtual Reality Walk-Through of the second Taiwan exhibition of Daniel Lee’s Looking Glass/Retrospective.

Zbrush Sculpture and Animation which I created was used as the opening attraction of the Taipei Fine Art Museum.

Please Enjoy! Thank You.

Very interesting work!

http://www.yicollecta.com/zh/collections/24/artworks/353

Black Merman.jpglarge_Fishman_Gold.jpgBlack Mernan Stand ED_DLee_07a.jpg

Attachments

Black Merman.jpg

A sculpt I did in ZBrush over a year ago is now going on to a new exhibit in Merman%202019