ZBrushCentral

Ouran sketchbook

Hello everyone,

My name is Vincent Ménier and I’m a young artist living in Montreal. I’ve been reading ZBrush Central and enjoying everyone’s work for years now and I’ve decided to show you my work as a beginner.

I hope you enjoy it and feel free to give me any advice. I’m very open to criticism since I want to learn and grow as an artist.

To sart off, I first studied a model from Nick Zuccarello that he named Manimal. I’ve learned a lot of the basics of sculpting while sculpting this awesome design.

Manimal_final_pose_tag_small.jpg

Then I wanted to give a shot at making an original design. I fell in love with the work of the artists at Arkane studios on the game Dishonored so I tried creating my own Dishonored character. The art on the back is owned by Arkane studios and I’m taking no credit for it.

colonel_render_turn_bg_small.jpg

Attachments

Manimal_final_pose_tag_small.jpg

colonel_render_turn_bg_small.jpg

Hi Ouran it’s great work !
Your colonel is really good ! :+1:

Nice studies : )

Thanks a lot guys. I’ll try to post some more stuff soon !

Hello ZBCentral !

It took a while but I’m back with a study of a celebrity. Have a guess at who it is and feel free to comment.

Your advices are more than welcome :slight_smile:

GraceKellyRender.jpg

Is it Bones, Emily Deschanel?

Grace Kelly?

You win my good Sir !

I’ve started a bust of an american indian a few days ago. It’s only a WIP but I’d like to share it to get some wise feedback.

Hopefully, it’ll help me make it better in the next steps :slight_smile:

Buste_indien_06_r.jpg

Nightly update. I’m really having a great time sculpting this elder man.

Buste_indien_06_r_small.jpg

Nice sculpts here… My fav’s still the first one!

Thanks a lot. I really like your Lady of Naga by the way ^^

I think I’m done with the character alone now and will move on to making some props and hair for him. (bigger image)

Feedback is most welcome as always. Please hammer me so I can become a finer blade :wink:

Buste_indien_render_08_portrait_small.jpg

Great render and sculpt man.

Thank you very much, it means a lot to me.

I love the lips and the overall feel of the character but i think the wrinkles could be deeper, and the bridge of the nose feels to prominent to me

Thanks Doggy 7 :slight_smile:

The nose feature is a choice I made early on but I will look into the depth of some of the wrinkles !

Here is a one hour sketch that I did to take a little break of my american indian bust. I believe I’ll learn to sculpt faster if I force myself to do those one shot time limited sketches on the side of larger projects.

Feedback always welcome :slight_smile:

sad_creature_render_vsmall_02.jpgsad_creature_render_small_02.jpg

Great job. :+1:

Thanks a lot Robert. I’m coming back with more stuff soon !