ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook - Jan 'IcemanJ' Jinda

I’ve decided to start my sketchbook, I’ll post my sculpting exercises. First attempt was the hand.

I wanted to choose some sculpture as reference, because there aren’t disturbing colors. Finally I found a lot of references of David’s hand by Michelangelo Buonarroti. My hand isn’t exact copy of master’s sculpture. I hope next sculpts will be better and better.

hand_01.jpg
[attach=87918]hand_02.jpg[/attach]
[attach=87919]hand_03.jpg[/attach]
[attach=87920]hand_04.jpg[/attach]

you can find turntable animation at my blog: http://janjinda.com/

Attachments

hand_02.jpg

hand_03.jpg

hand_04.jpg

Really nice sculpt. The only thing i can see is that the palm portion of the hand is a bit too long. Everything else looks great!

DAnconia - thx for comment, I know about proportions, I’ve found out that David hasn’t fully correct proportions, so I kept proportions of sculpture :wink:

Hi all,
here is basic head sculpt of my new project Hell Deamon, for more info and pictures visit my blog.

[attach=91279]hell_deamon_wip_003.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

hell_deamon_wip_003.jpg

I’ve sketch out anatomy and added few detailes to face. There are still lot of diversity in anatomy and also in proportions, but I think I’ll be able to fix it. I hope that you like progress.

[hell_deamon_wip_004.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘91996’,‘hell_deamon_wip_005.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

hell_deamon_wip_005.jpg

Hi there, I’m here with few sculpts. They are results of online class which I’m getting through with Alex Oliver, I hope you know him :wink: This classes are very very useful for me and I hope I’m good student :smiley: So here they are.

These heads are sculpted from simple sphere, first I made with Alex during first class and second was homework.

head_1_class_one.jpg

Attachments

head_1_class_two.jpg

head_2_class_one.jpg

head_2_class_two.jpg

eye_1_class_three.jpg

These look really good. Is this a private class or is there some place I can get some information about it?

thanks man, I think that you can contact Alex, he’ll tell you himself

this is my next sculpt for online class with Alex

[eye_2_class_three.jpg]

Hey what online class are you speaking of??? is it through a company or is it strictly through Alex Oliver???

Sounds beneficial

Later
Selah

selahpoetic: it’s provided by Alex himself

I’m here with another sculpt from Alex’s class. You could see images from Alex at his sketchbook. In next class I’ll recreate this skull into face. I know that it isn’t perfect, next time it’ll be better. :wink:

skull_class_five_2.jpg

great job man

Yesterday, we finished skull to face sculpt. As you know skull is from simple plane and that face is sculpted as a layer at subdivide 5. In future I’m going to finish the face, add more details etc. I hope you like it.

Visit my blog to see morph animation.

head_1_class_six.jpg

nice works !
alex is a great artist ! and you`re a very good Student !

That’s really good stuff man. I like the morphing animation too.

thanks a lot :wink: yes, Alex is great artist :+1:

Hi man…
This sculpting of your are really great. I have to say that the scull, what you have done is really a masterpiece, great proportion sculpting skills. I see that the class of Alex Oliver is really usefull…

Keep working :cool:

Tomas.Kral: thanks a lot mate :wink:

soon I’m going to post another sculpts from Alex’s class. But yesterday I had holiday between classes with Alex and I had taste to sculpt something. Something like a bust of alien to test texturing, shading and rendering. I was looking for some concepts and I found awsome concept art from famous Carlos Huante. I love this alien. I’ve started to sculpt his head from simple sphere. In a picture you can see progress after 2 hours. I think I’ll sculpt whole alien in my spare time. I hope you like my new WIP Sad Alien.

check concept art here.

and here is first picture

sad_alien_001.jpg

I’ve decided to create whole body of Sad Alien. So there was a need to add base mesh for body to head sculpt. And I also wanted to learn who to retopologize models in ZBrush. I’ve done it today. In the image you can see old sculpt from sphere and also new retopologized mesh. I must say that retopology in ZBrush is really great tool, sometimes it’s little bit hard to work with it, but you can settle in that in a short time. I’ll bring you new updated soon, I hope. I’m going to model basemesh for body and start sculpting whole alien.

[sad_alien_retopo.jpg]