New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Graphic tablet - Touch or no touch?

Hello,

I already tried zbrush two years ago with my mouse and it was okay for rough shapes. But I always found it hard to do detailing with the mouse only so I am thinking of getting a graphic tablet.

Now I don't want to spend too much money for my first tablet. First I want to see how much I'll use it.

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-S...graphic+tablet

vs

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-S.../dp/B005HGBEZ2

For drawing only I think I wouldn't need touch, but I am not sure if this also applies to zbrush. What would you recommend me?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Do you have a trackball or are you dragging your mouse all over the desk? Tablets are great for about anything graphics related.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones View Post
    Do you have a trackball or are you dragging your mouse all over the desk? Tablets are great for about anything graphics related.
    I am using a mouse atm but I meant something different. Both tablets that I have posted are equalivent. They only differ about the touch functions, the first tablet only works with a pen. The second has multi touch support like
    Scroll, zoom, rotate, and swipe.

Do you think I need multi touch support?

Member Follow User Gallery

You could try Monoprice tablet. I don't have it myself but I kept reading a lot of good things about it. Considering it's really cheap and sturdy, I would be myself really interested to try it alongside my Intuos5. Even though I have Wacom for years I am currently feed by all these problems on Windows 8.

I hope that helps. I would ask for anyone who has Monoprice to write a bit about their experiences with this particular brand.
    ---
    Digital Portfolio I Workshop & Merchandise
    MOTH3R I workshop.moth3r.com

Social media profiles
    ArtStation I Deviantart I Twitter

Default Screen Drawing tablet

Chiming in with a XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro Screen Drawing tablet 22" . I use it for Maya, Zbrush, and digital painting.

I use it at home for the last year and didnt have any problem with it so far. I know this model is not in your choices, but if the quality of the XP-Pen model you're looking for is on par with the Artist 22E Pro , it should be good for zbrush and maya stuff.

https://www.xp-pen.com/product/63.html