<font color=#e0e0e0 size=2>It's time once again for the <font color=#FFa000 size=2> Halloween Gallery</font>! ... post your scary, ghoulish, haunting ZBrush images in this thread and we'll post them in the Halloween Gallery at ZBrush.com, beginning October 27.</font>

We'll post one ZBrush image per artist. You may post WIP's in this thread, but let us know which image is your final submission by writing [Gallery Entry] under the image.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Post Halloween Gallery 2003

Awesome!!!
    Pix, you guys rock!!
    *Insert rocking graemlin here*

hehe , I'm probably in

Yep !!
    Tnx Pixolator !!
    Italian Zbrusher

Well, now I know what my next project is at least!

Thanks! I have had the pleasure of participating in all so far, I do not think life permiting that this year will be any different!

I'm in too.

Me too... my favorite thread of the year!

"I am still Learning"

By: Michelangelo

Smile

ha! tradition! thanks, Pix!

heres my firrst(?) contribution:

[gallery entry]

alphacentury + alphabrush terrain, starry night customized material (see below zipfile including a script showing one tip for how-to-use), as a ghost wont have a shadow i didnt need to think about bg depth - so the terrainpic was imported as a texture into a new resized canvas; the ghost was made from sweep profile, standard (mask all - col) and handpainted mask combined were used in an attempt to make the folds ghost was made on own layer, its materials transparency tweeked higher and flatten layer was switched off after a first best render. rendering in a layer of its own allowed both transparency to show and me to play with render-antialiasing settings without affecting the whole image - i think i never rendered anything at highest super sample settings - but with flatten layers off it helped to get rid of the heavy sweep profile jaggyness without blurring the background (image is original-size, no additional resize AAing).

hope you like + have a fantabulous and halloween 03, everybody!

- juandel

starscriptandmat.zip

ghostscript huge file (2mb - thanks, Digits for webspace!!!) including ghosttool, -material, -light - you might want to abort the script after loading these, nada interesting following

edit as per next day: lol, Flycatcher re your below comment - i assume there might be people who think the kind of device you are thinking about is creating a myriad of ghosts when they are used the proper way

as i thought it looked too deserted i have added a layer with bats (made via alphaskin based on a batshaped i took from the web)

Thanks for the invite, Pixolator! Have to start the brain cranking. With Zbrush and the talent around here, this should be interesting. Great ghost, juandel! 50.

No, don't use that one - it's got holes in it. You don't want to risk a paternity suit!

Sorry - no offense, but the visual double entendre sprang immediately to my mind when I saw this one. Probably says more about my mind than your intention!

Cute little guy though, and the transparency effect is very well done.

Cool

Okay, I got a great idea for this thread, which I'll be working on over the weekend, but I did this, (Like Ju-Ju), as my first entry to the gallery...Booooo!!

Talking

... one can simply not resist, so one must post this wip (to be continued with only the last version). One did it using ZBrush for the heads, Truespace for the "pillar/mounting device", and Vue for all the rest (eyes are from Vue, glowing material). A wip, far from being complete - but ...! No post so far.
    (learning has begun, some of lthe things here from "kutter", so this is also a small "thank you").
    Off to read some more...........

Cool

Have you seen the Halloween Gallery 2002 for inspiration ?
    Pilou
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

This is the WIP i'm working on ...

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast